Saturday, February 25, 2012

Through the Open Door

This is another shot from Corona Del Mar, CA. I used Photomatix Fusion to process this shot. I also used the +1EV to bring out the sheen in the water.
I enjoy working through my Post Processing never really settling for 1 standard processing but running through many ideas to get the shot I envision in the end. I am really glad I took a few shots with some small waves because the shots with no waves look pretty boring in the foreground and the water just didn't have any pop. The waves weren't big this night but they do add some interest to the foreground and the surrounding rocks. The birds...well that was just a bonus in the -2EV shot that I also processed into the main photo.

Post Processing:
> 3 images- (-2,0,+2) processed through ACR and added the a -1EV and +1EV
>Photomatix-Fusion-default

CS-5
> +1EV-Processed into shot and masked for water only
>Topaz Adjust for Color and detail
>Topaz Infocus-Sharpness
>Noise Ninja-Remove noise in the sky
>Adjustment Layer-Levels-Blue's in sky
>Adjustment Layer-Levels-Blues in water
>Shadows and Highlights to bring out brightness in waves
>Nik Color Efex pro-Pro Contrast to bring overall color cast and contrasts
>Nik Color Efex pro-Gradient Filter to darken sky a bit more
>-2EV masked in for birds
>Sized and framed for posting

No comments:

Post a Comment