Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1303

1303 by Tony DeSantis Photography
1303, a photo by Tony DeSantis Photography on Flickr.

I really hated to go B&W on this shot but the colors were so contrasty I knew it would make for a nice B&W not to mention the last few posts all of the same bridge and sky might be a little over the top with the same colors. On this shot I must say the sky looked incredibly blue but once I tried the processing through Silver Efex Pro it wasn't very hard to change it to the B&W.
Silver Efex Pro is a great piece of software. Not only is the B&W conversion easy but the control point usage really gives you more creative control and lets you concentrate on certain areas of the shot. In this shot it really helped me to lighten up the arch and surrounding wall while darkening the outer areas for a much more contrasty shot.

This is not an HDR. But I did blend the 3 bracketed shots manually(+1, 0, -1) and took what I thought to be the best from each that I needed.

POST PROCESSING BLEND:
>The +1ev-I took the sky only because I liked the contrast it gave against the bridge not to mention the colors of blue from light to dark were awesome
>The 0ev-I took the bridge and surrounding dark city background
>The -1ev-I took just the lights and blown out areas (Light pole and inside of arch)
>In Silver Efex Pro-I converted to B&W and then used my controll points to lighten up the fence and bridge railing/sidewalk and darken the edges for a more eerie look
>Adjustment Layer-curves for global contrast
>Vignette for overall darken edges and center weighted lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment