Thursday, January 5, 2012

Long Exposure Good Conversation

When shooting last night one of the last shots of the night was this shot. I saw this much earlier in the day (Presunset) and wanted to get back to it while the sun was setting knowing that the algae was going to light up with the sunset. Well needless to say by the time I got back here it was pretty dark but I decided to give it a go anyway. This is an HDR of 3 shots with the shortest being the sky of about 70 seconds and the longest being the foreground of 5 minutes.
My buddy I was shooting with had some reservations on the out come with not much light coming from the crescent moon. But this is exactly the lighting I was hoping for with the smoothness of the ocean and the lit up algae. My friend did place out a light for me to find a focal point but after that this is all lighting from the crescent moon.
I am pleased with the outcome.
The title comes from hanging with Jermaine and having some great photography conversation while the camera was doing its thing.

The Shot:
>3 shot HDR 0EV for sky and then I figured out the other exposures from there knowing the sky would be the darkest exposure-ISO 320, F/11, 70 Seconds up to 5 minutes

Post Processing:
>Photomatix-Detail Enhancer

CS-5:
>Combined Sky Exposure and HDR Exposure masked off and used sky in HDR
>Lab Color
>Nik Color Efex-Pro Contrast
>Adjustment Layer-Curves increase exposure and masked for water and green land
>Adjustment Layer-Curves darkened outer areas of grass
>Topaz InFocus-Sharpening of grass area
>Noise Ninja-Noise in sky
>Cropped and vignette applied
>Sized and framed for posting


VIEW LARGE
G+
500px
IMAGE INCEPTION BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment